Sunday, January 30, 2011

The best jacket in the world

One of the highlights of my 2011 has been that a vintage jacket I bought almost 10 years ago, I thought I lost, I recently found. (YAY)  I have been obsessed with sequins for over 10 years...can you believe it?!  At 10 years ago that would put me at the ripe age of 16.  When I was 16, I didn't really have the guts to wear this jacket. After I found it, I have been counting down the days until I could wear it.  What more of a perfect occasion than my engagement party?  I  found the best way to piece my outfit together, had it all planned out...then came the day of the party (insert , disappointment sound here).  It was at my house, talk about stressful! I got to wear the outfit, but I didn't to do my hair, finish my make-up or TAKE PICTURES.  There are very few pics of me, I will post what I have, but I apologize.

The jacket is a vintage 80's piece.  It cost me $90.00 at the time.  It is only a size 18, so I had to rip out some of the lining.  The colors are all in the blue family, cascading all the way to black.  It is pure sequin and has massive shoulder pads.




I wore a blue v-neck top that I purchased at sizeappeal.com about 5 years ago.  It had the light color of blue that was in the jacket.  On the bottom I wore my black bodycon skirt from the pure energy line at Target and a pair of tights from onestopplus.com.

For my make-up I got to play with my favorite eyeshadow colors of blue. They are my absolute favorite colors to use and especially when I can do a blueish black smokey eye.  I also got to use these great false eyelashes.  I wasn't able to get my cheeks or lips how I would have liked them, but nonetheless, the eyes came out exactly as I had hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment