Monday, January 10, 2011

Kardashian's swing and a miss

I would first like to preface this by saying, "in my opinion" but yes...In my opinion the Kardashian's new line of plus size clothing was a big fail.  There are pieces that are always a dreaded no-no in the plus size fashion world. Things that we could find at any store that carries plus.  My first AWFUL piece was this top:


This is basically just a lifeless shirt that has no special cut or shape.  The 2nd piece that I am going to complain about is this dress.  I am a fan of a fancy shoulder on a dress but this sort of looks like the shoulder pad popped out of the seam and that was it.  There is no detail or no additions except a cheap looking extra piece of material:


Now on to the good news.  There were a couple of pieces that would be a saving grace for these Kardashian sisters.  If it is one thing that these girls do well it is layering.  They seem to always have great pieces of clothing that they mix and match with other pieces to make a cute outfit. Here are a few items that would be a nice piece in the making a cute outfit puzzle. 





On top of these moderately average pieces being, well, moderately average, they are very over priced.  I feel like they may have thought if you throw the Kardashian label on the clothes that they will be purchased.  Not in my case.  Outside of one or two items, these clothes can be found anywhere, and for a lot cheaper.  If you would like to check out more of the K-Dash clothes check out: K-Dash by Kardashian

No comments:

Post a Comment